Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Post

Let me introduce myself.  I'm John F. Mullins.  Some of you may already know me as the model for the character in Soldier of Fortune I and II.  Perhaps you've read one of my books.  Maybe you've visited the Facebook site "John F.....g Mullins Rules!"  (I just found that one and am at the same time strangely flattered and horrified).

Anyway, I have a lot to say and suspect some of you out there are interested.  Subjects to be covered are military matters both current and past, developments in the field of weapons, ballistics, and tactics.  There will also be commentary on various current events (please be aware that under no circumstances will you find me bowing to political correctness).  Finally, I'll be mining my memory and that of my friends for stories that you might find interesting and humorous.  A future post will tell of the time I became an unwilling bigamist.

Why do I call myself an operator?  I spent twenty two years in the U.S. Army, most of it as a Special Forces NCO and officer.  I did three combat tours in Vietnam and operational tours in Africa, the Middle East, South and Central America.  After retirement I continued to work in the same field, only this time being a lot better paid.  I still keep my hand in, and know most of the players in the unconventional warfare arena.

I'll finish this up now.  If you're interested, feel free to follow.  I welcome comments. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Glad to see you in the 21st century. looking forward to reading the views of someone from the other side of the veil. Good luck with the Blog.
    Cheers
    Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to a good start -- I'll stay tuned for more!

    ReplyDelete